- Runs on Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS X, Linux.
- Free and open source software.
- Full unicode support. Supports all languages and character sets.
- Works on 4K computer displays.
- Uses your music collection from your hard drive.
- No limitations on the number of audio files.
- Uses VLC as the audio player.
- Control BallroomDJ remotely with your mobile device (basic functions).
- Raffle games.
- Extensive context sensitive help.
- Additional help with images on the
- Song Adjustments for Playback:
- Adjust the song start and song end.
- Adjust the song speed.
- Adjust the song's volume.
- Configure maximum play time.
- Configure gap between songs.
- Configure the marquee display.
- Player Controls:
- Requests of external songs not in the database.
- Pause at end.
- Pause after each song.
- Seek in song.
- Speed w/pitch control.
- Songs can be removed/moved/added to the queue while playing.
- Restart where you left off after a crash, power outage or accidental exit
- Build a CD or DVD with the volume adjustments, speed adjustments, song start, song end and maximum play time applied.
- Edit upcoming songs in the music queue.
- History of played songs.
- Manual song selection:
- Use a song list to play songs in an exact order.
- Export song lists to CSV, HTML, M3U or M3U8.
- Sequenced playlists:
- Define a sequence of dances to play in a particular order.
- Automatic playlist selection:
- Choose which dances and how many of each will play.
- Choose songs based on dance rating.
- Allow songs tagged with a particular keyword to play.
- Require songs tagged with a particular keyword to play.
- Playlist controls:
- Stop playing at a particular time and pause or continue with the next playlist.
- Stop playing after some number of songs and pause or continue with the next playlist.
- Configure gap between songs for the playlist.
- Configure maximum play time for the playlist.
- Pause after each song.
- Mix manual, sequenced and automatic playlists in the playlist queue.
- Rearrange or modify the playlist queue at any time.
- Create a song list based on the playlist queue.
- iTunes Interface:
- Import data from iTunes.
- Import playlists from iTunes.
- Music manager and Editor:
- Easily filter your song collection to select the
songs to work with.
- Edit one song or many songs.
- Batch edit songs.
- Mark songs as the same song to prevent
similar songs from playing.
- Column display is fully configurable.
- Audio Identification: Look up audio tags on MusicBrainz and AcoustID
- Song Adjustments (requires SoX audio toolkit installation):
- Normalize the volume of the song.
- Trim silence from the beginning and end of the song.
- Apply Adjustments (song start, song end, speed
adjustments and maximum play time) to the song.
- Set up profiles to save different configurations of BallroomDJ.
- Synchronize the BallroomDJ database and audio files
between multiple computers.
- For larger ballrooms: Set up BallroomDJ as a server,
and have client computers pull the music from the server.
- Smart file manager.
- Highlights which files are dependent on another.
- Renaming a file modifies dependent files.
- Back up and restore BallroomDJ data files.
- Support for multi-media keys and remote controls.
- Optional Configurations:
- Configure BPM Ranges per dance.
- BPM Counter.
- See the BPM changes as the song speed is adjusted.
- Audio file management and organization:
- Update audio file tags with the information from BallroomDJ.
- Paths to the audio files are fully configurable.
- Files are renamed automatically.
- Song lists are updated when files are renamed.
- Status tracking.
- Dual Queues:
- Two music queues and two playlist queues for ultimate flexibility.
- python 2.x or 3.x
Copyright 2012-2016 Brad Lanam, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must
not be misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source
|English (US)||brad.lanam.comp @ gmail.com|
|English (GB)||brad.lanam.comp @ gmail.com|
|Deutsch||(not finished) --|
|Nederlands||(not finished) --|
|Norsk||(not finished) --|
|简体中文||(not finished) --|
|繁體中文||(not finished) --|
Help translate BallroomDJ: crowdin.com