Version 2.23 features a new user interface design for the song list editor and sequence editor (thanks to Cooper's interaction design book "About Face"). The application will now save your work automatically. Undo and redo buttons are available so you can roll your changes back or forwards. This new design should let you get your work done without getting in the way.
The player now defaults to having the music queue on the left side of the screen. This can be switched back to the former view (View -> Music Queue on Left).
Version 2.24 will include more usability fixes for 4K screens and some more quality of life fixes.
After that, version 3.0 will be a major rewrite of the user interface so it does not have so many separate windows.
Going forward, there will be many more user interface upgrades and fixes in the version 3.x line to make BallroomDJ friendlier and easier to use.
- Song List Editor and Sequence Editor: The user interface has been completely rewritten to a new user interaction design standard.
Your work will automatically be saved. Undo and redo functions are available.
- Player: A new option is available to switch the music queue to the left side of the screen (now the default).
- Player: Added tooltips to the music queue to display the artist and title.
- Added the aquablue theme (similar to clearlooks).
- Scrollable areas now are auto-scrollable when the mouse is moved to the bottom or top of the scrolling area.
- Changed the default tooltip color.
- Cleaned up and enhanced the choose folder dialog.
- Enhancements in some spots to remember the last folder used.
- Fixed resizing of scrollable areas.
- Fixed an issue with the load dialog.
- Music Manager: Fixed the delete function when the audio file was in a nested folder.
- File Manager: Fixed deletion of profiles.
- File Manager: Turned off deletion of backup files (as it had many problems).