BallroomDJ 3.0 is a major rewrite of the user interface and includes modeless validation and easier to use edit screens.
In addition, there are many bug fixes and a few new features.
As version 3.0 has a lot of changes, there is a greater chance of bugs in the program.
I also recommend upgrading to version 2.25.6 before installing version 3.0, as it will be easier to revert back to version 2.25.6 if necessary.
(a) As always, before installing a new version, make a backup.
Copy your entire BallroomDJ folder to another location.
On Mac OS X, copy your entire $HOME/Library/Application Support/BallroomDJ folder and
your $HOME/Desktop/BallroomDJ.app folder to another location.
(b) Upgrade to version 2.25.6.
(c) Make another backup.
(d) Upgrade to version 3.0.3.
- User interfaces have been merged into a single tabbed window.
- Most edit screens have an updated user interface.
- Player: Added a 'Hide Marquee on Start' toggle selection in the view menu.
- Song Editor: The fields to edit can now be selected and the order changed.
- File Manager: Now has an undo button, and is easier and more intuitive to use.
- Configuration: Added the ability to reset the colors to the default.
- Music Manager, Song Editor: Added a 'Play switches to player' option.
- Music Manager: Added sort by tag. Added a tag sort to the sort options.
- Quickplay: Has an additional 'Select & Play' button which starts the music manager in competition mode with the a search on the selected dance.
- The 'Set Raffle Songs' configuration has been removed. The raffle songs are now stored in a song list named 'Raffle Songs'.
- Player: Moved the edit button to the edit menu as 'Edit Selection'.
- Quicksave menu: Colors were standardized.
- Music Manager: Delete and Undo Delete were moved to the menu.configuration storage
- Removed autoscroll from all scroll areas.
- Options: Changes to the profiles were made so that moving from computer to computer should be an easier task.
- Music Manager/Editor/Edit Dances: BPM is now standard. The Enable BPM option remains as an option for BPM display in the player.
- Mac OS X: Changed the highlighting due to a Tk bug. The highlighting will be fixed at a future date.
- Theme and background color changes require a restart. Code to support live color changes will not be supported.
- Player: Music queue: Bug fixes were made to improve the performance and speed. Move to top was rewritten and is much faster.
- Colors: Fixed colors for the 'black' theme and the progressbar colors have been fixed for various themes.
- Update Database: Fixed check for new and deleted files.
- Update Database: Fixed bugs with stop.
- Fixed a long outstanding problem with certain keys pressed outside the standard window causing an error.
- Many other bug fixes.
- Internal: code cleanup.