The 3.5.x series features the following changes:
Selectable audio output device. (Linux, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10) You can run multiple copies of BallroomDJ and have the output go to different audio devices.
New integrated volume controls (Linux, Windows). These use less resources and allow faster volume changes.
Fade-In setting. With the new integrated volume changes, works great. For Mac OS X, the fade-in time should be a multiple of 0.2.
New integrated VLC player. Allows better control over VLC. Song start and song end can now be specified in tenths of a second.
When upgrading BallroomDJ, your current VLC player selection will not be changed to use the integrated VLC player. You must make this change yourself.
If the integrated VLC player does not work for you on Windows, the first thing to try is a complete uninstall of VLC and reinstall VLC (and while you are at it, upgrade to VLC version 2.2.4). An upgrade of VLC will not work, you must uninstall and reinstall.
Version 3.5.5 is passing the automated tests on Windows (32 and 64 bit), Linux (32 and 64 bit) and Mac OS X, using both the older VLC interface and the new integrated VLC interface. It needs some more live testing before it can be moved to the stable branch.
See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=161 for changes in version 3.5.0, 3.5.1 and 3.5.2.
BallroomDJ 3.5.5 (2016-1-6) (development)
- Player: Additional checks for bad volume returns.
- Changed sockets to use reflected channels.
BallroomDJ 3.5.4 (2017-1-4) (development)
- Player: Fixed bug with fade time calculation (when not triangle).
- Player: Fixed bug converting duration display.
- Player: VLC interface: increased delay for song start seek
- Linux: Fixed set of pulse audio sink.
Includes stable changes through version 3.4.2
- Player: Integrated VLC player. Song start and song end may use sub-second values (MM:SS.S).
- Music Manager: Removed 'Play Time' filter and replaced with a short song filter.
- Where appropriate, song duration display will include sub-seconds.
- Player: Fix end of song checks.
- Player: Fixed announcement playback.
- Player: Fixed fatal error message when directories are not configured.
- Fixed README files that got converted to non-dos format.
- Auto Update: Added check for missing certutil utility on Windows.
- Repackaged distributions so that they are smaller.