- Fixed .wma file processing.
- Fixed track and disc number processing for .wma and .m4a files.
- Windows XP: Fixed failure to find integrated volume control.
- Player: if an integrated volume control is in use, check the computer's volume during playback for changes.
- Mac OS X: The volume program is now integrated.
- Linux: Additional validation checks for MPRIS startup.
- Player: Set a wrap length for the title when the player is embedded.
- Player: Prevent a crash when edit data is received.
BallroomDJ 3.7.1 is the stable release of version 3.7.0.
Summary of major changes from version 3.4.5:
- Selection of the audio output device is now possible. Allows a second instance of BallroomDJ to use a different output device.
Also useful on Linux where audio device switching is not as good as on Windows.
Not available on Mac OS X at this time.
- Volume programs are now integrated (Mac OS X will be available with version 3.7.2).
- A fade-in time may be set for playback. (Mac OS X users should wait for version 3.7.2 to use this).
- Integrated VLC player. Tighter integration allows better feedback from VLC and better control. Sub-second "song start" and "song end" times are now possible.
- Levels: levels default to easy, normal, advanced, but are fully configurable. The level can be used in automatic and sequenced playlists, song search, etc.
- Quickplay: "select & play" was made easier to use.
- Linux: Support MPRIS enabled audio players.
Use of the integrated VLC player is highly recommended.
To use the integrated VLC player, go to: Configuration / Options / Player and selected "Integrated VLC" in the "Player" drop-down.
If you have a 64-bit Windows installation, the 64-bit VLC must be installed. Likewise, if you have a 32-bit Windows installation, the 32-bit VLC must be installed. If there is a mismatch, the integrated VLC player will not work.
When making a change from 32-bit to 64-bit VLC, I recommend completely uninstalling the old VLC version before installing the new VLC version.
Windows 32-bit VLC version 2.2.4: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... -win32.exe
Windows 64-bit VLC version 2.2.4: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... -win64.exe
Linux users will need to install the 'libvlc5' package.
To turn on levels in the song editor:
- start the music manager
- select a song
- select 'Edit' to start the song editor.
- select the 'Options -> Field Selection' menu item.
- select the 'Level' selection (and move it to where you want it).
- select 'Save'.
- exit BallroomDJ and restart.
New installations of BallroomDJ will already have levels turned on.
Release note links:
3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.5.2 : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=161
3.5.3, 3.5.4, 3.5.5 : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=165
3.6.0 : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=170
3.7.0 : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172