Sequence Tempi Regulation

Want a new feature? Make something easier to use/do? Post your message here.
marcusgladir
Operating System: Windows 10

Sequence Tempi Regulation

Post by marcusgladir » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:48 pm

I would like the option to create a playlist/sequence that either filters on tempo for each dance or adjusts the tempo for each dance.

I like to dance rounds, but in some cases have a large range of tempi available. I don't want to adjust the tempi on all of my songs, as I generally like having the variation (a Bronze American Foxtrot may be faster than a Silver/Gold American Foxtrot), but might not want certain speeds during rounds.

So would it be possible to
(1) make a sequence where all Waltzes (for example) chosen are between 84-87BPM, not choosing any songs that are outside that range,
or
(2) make a sequence and have all Waltzes be adjusted (just for the sequence) to something between 84-87BPM?

Thanks for listening!

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Re: Sequence Tempi Regulation

Post by bll » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 pm

(1) make a sequence where all Waltzes (for example) chosen are between 84-87BPM, not choosing any songs that are outside that range,
or
(2) make a sequence and have all Waltzes be adjusted (just for the sequence) to something between 84-87BPM?
(1) is easier, it's just a search filter. (2) is doable, more difficult.
Both depend on the user setting the BPM/MPM correctly for each song.
Not sure I would want both, as the user interface would get messy...

The BPM/MPM range selection would be added to the playlist management screen as another two columns "Low BPM" and "High BPM".
(Or for (2), just "Play BPM").

If you don't have any strong preference for (2), I am inclined to do (1) -- I can get that working pretty quickly.

Please let me know which of these options is better for you. If (1) would eliminate too many songs from the sequence, perhaps (2) would be better to implement.

I am currently working on testing version 3.15.0, trying to make sure it is stable enough for release.
This change would be scheduled for 3.16.0.

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Re: Sequence Tempi Regulation

Post by bll » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:14 am

or
(1) has been implemented in version 3.15.1.