Song weighting

Want a new feature? Make something easier to use/do? Post your message here.
vbds
Operating System: Windows 7

Song weighting

Post by vbds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 pm

I understand that ballroomDJ goal was to get an even mix of dances, based on what's in the music library.
However, when sequences are used, the user is choosing the mix of dances so only song selection is needed.
I am wondering if a sub-goal of ballroomDJ could be to get an even mix of songs within one dance within the music library.
So when a waltz is sequenced, of the 200 waltz songs, can a weighting per song be used to select which song and how often a song is played?

Once sequencing is used, weighting per dance is not as useful because the dance is already been chosen by the sequencing.
For sequencing song choice becomes important, weighting per song within the dance should be allowed?

I realize this is not how ballroomDJ currently works, but I ask you to consider this if it makes sense to you.

I would hope that one day it may be the normal mode of operation, because song weighing could always be useful.
Thank you for considering this.

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Re: Song weighting

Post by bll » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm failing to quite understand how this would be useful.
Weighting individual songs seems like a lot of work.

Perhaps weight by rating would be useful here, so that the better rated songs come up a little more often.

vbds
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by vbds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:11 pm

perfect,
that is it!!
that is all I would need, BETTER that what I was asking for!
I would have the ability to have 3 or 10 ratings and if I could weight each rating - WOW -YES YES YES
Perfect!!

Your incredible!!
Thanks!

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Post by bll » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:15 am

This will be in version 1.20