The VLC changelog lists some quality enhancements in their bug fixes.
Upgrading VLC to the latest version (2.2.6 on Windows) is recommended.
The latest version of VLC for Mac OS X seems to be stable, so the requirement to install VLC 2.1.5 for Mac OS X is no longer in force, and VLC can be upgraded to 126.96.36.199 or 2.2.6.
I have included the change notes from the prior releases after 3.10.5 for your convenience.
- Dual Queues: Interface improved and enhanced. Easier to use now.
- Playlists: Added a per dance maximum play time.
- Web interface with simple controls that can be accessed from a small form-factor computing device (Mobile Phone, Tablet, etc.). This is fairly minimal right now until I get feedback on what people want.
- Many bug fixes.
- Playlist Management: Added a per dance maximum play time.
- Edit Dances: Removed per dance maximum play time.
- Options/Player: Added ability to specify other options to pass to the VLC player.
- Options/Player: Added optional startup and shutdown scripts.
- Black: changed menu checkmark color to dark orange.
- Player: Playlist Queue: fix drop-down list selection.
- Linux: fix an installer script issue.
- Automatic Playlists/Mix: Adjusted the auto selection numbers.
- bdjcli.tcl: Moved into the bin/ sub-folder.
- Fix validation to display error tooltip on the entry field rather than the label.
- File Manager: Fix issues with specifying wrong folder path. Fix error checks.
- Mac OS X: Fix incorrect volume logic for tclvlc check.
- Help: fixed external url display.
- Clean up the virtual scrolling package (version 2.4).
- Fix a couple of wait-for-display spots.
- Clean up validation events.
Edit Dances: Added a per dance maximum play time.
- Linux: xfce4: Add support for presentation-mode in startup script.
- Player: Fixed the marquee countdown timer so that it picked up a font change without a restart of BallroomDJ.
- Player: Reduced embedded player title wrap length.
- Player: Fixed an initialization problem with the embedded player when a ui font was set.
- Fix close tab image.
- Linux: Fix install for new files.
- Edit Dances: Fixed issues when no dances.
- Automatic Playlists: Fixed so that new dances are not added to existing automatic playlists.
- Web Server: update web page.
- Web interface with simple controls that can be accessed from a small form-factor computing device. Not all display issues have been resolved.
- Linux: Fixed pulseaudio changes.
- Minor file rearrangement.
- Mac OS X: Fixed marquee so it does not reappear.
- Windows: fix integrated vlc path setup for 32-bit windows.
- Integrated VLC: Fixed an obscure bug.
- Use VLC's API to get and set the audio output sink when no other method is available. This allows Mac OS X to select the audio output device.
- Upgraded mutagen to version 1.38.
- Linux: Rewrite pulseaudio interface.
- Fix some typos.
- User Interface: Fixed some initial focus issues.
- Linux: Added an alternate location for libvlc.
- Player: Added option to configure the tooltip display.
- Player: Dual Queues:
- Easier to use.
- Plays from queue selection.
- Active queue indicator for buttons.
- Move to Queue: more flexible.
- Optional marks for played songs (both queues), songs in the queue (second queue only) and songs in manual playlists (second queue only).
- Player: Made playlist queues easier to use.
- Player: playlist queue: add now adds at the selection.
- Support: add option to not send files; cleanup.
- Linux: add support for xfce4 power management to startup scripts.
- Minor file rearrangement.
- Merged in all 3.10.5 changes.