Startup playlist

Want a new feature? Make something easier to use/do? Post your message here.
vbds
Operating System: Windows 7

Startup playlist

Post by vbds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Is there anyway to ultimately have a icon on the windows desktop that would start ballroomDJ and play a specific playlist?
This could be done in a number of ways from setting a option within ballroomDJ, or alowing a parameter on the command line to start ballroomDJ.
Maybe a separate, different way to start ballroomdj with a playlist specified.

I would like to be able to hand over a laptop to a person who has volunteered to do the DJ'ing when I am not available and on the laptop desktop there is 1 icon that will start ballroomdj with a playlist specified.

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Re: Startup playlist

Post by bll » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:00 pm

This will actually have to save the entire playlist queue.
I believe this is doable.
I'll have to figure out where to save these files so that they can be easily started.
Maybe a new directory in the BallroomDJ folder.

vbds
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by vbds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Once you have the other enhancement done - an export function (with time limit) in the player to build a manual playlist, this option may be a lot easier.
I see it as the ability to start ballroomdj with a manual playlist specified.
Most window applications allow for this, start of the program from a document, but I realize you built this to be ran on mac/lunix and windows.
Hope you figure out a way to do it!

bll
Site Admin

Post by bll » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23 pm

vbds wrote:Once you have the other enhancement done - an export function (with time limit) in the player to build a manual playlist, this option may be a lot easier. I see it as the ability to start ballroomdj with a manual playlist specified.
Playing a manual playlist is a bit different than actually processing a queue of playlists. A single manual playlist can only have one set of playlist controls applied. A queue of playlists is much more flexible. The classic example is the mixer in the middle of the dance. For the mixer, the gap might be set to 0, the maximum play time increased and the choice of songs automated to be great waltzes with a limit of 4 songs.

bll
Site Admin

Post by bll » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:15 am

This will be in version 1.20