Mass music editor

Want a new feature? Make something easier to use/do? Post your message here.
vbds
Operating System: Windows 7

Mass music editor

Post by vbds » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:22 pm

In the Music editor you can editor for only 1 song at a time and save it.
Because the Music editor is accessed from the music manager with multiple songs selected you can use next/prev to edit each song separately one after the other.

It would be a real handy (may a lot of work for you the author) to be able to access a similar Music editor (?Mass music editor?) from the music manager with all the multiple songs selected, but any change made on this MASS Music editor would change all the selected music at once with just the changed fields.

As my music collection grows,and I understand how I can use ballroomDJ more, I find that I need to "adjust" a lot of music.
The main fields that I would like to see on the Mass music editor are:
Genre, Dance, Rating,Status,Song end
(I know these are on the Music manager screen but you still need to change each one seperatly then save all at once. Even this with mass changes to 30-60 songs is a lot of clicking?)

also Keyword, but that is a little tricky, because I find myself adding and removing keywords for the list?
I do have an idea for this, on the mass music editor,
-when a keyword is entered it is added (not replaced) to each song.
-when a keyword is entered with brackets (mykey) then only that keyword is removed from each song.

one more thing in this request, is to have a "Select all checkboxes" button on the music manager. After I filter, it woild be nice just to select all filtered songs to work with the edit or mass editor.

I know it's a real nice to have, but as music collections grow, managing all this info takes time.

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Re: Mass music editor

Post by bll » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:45 pm

I think this should be doable with a "save for all" button.
I think I need to put this off until version 1.26.

Some of this functionality is available for albums where some of the fields can be changed for the entire album, but apparently noone has or uses albums any more.

bll
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux

Re: Mass music editor

Post by bll » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:40 am

I have this working for Genre, Dance, Dance Rating, Status and Keyword.

Having 'Song End' as a save-all field seems a little dangerous to me.
Wouldn't it be better to use the maximum play time?

There's only one keyword allowed per song, so there's really no need for extra processing there.

Would a 'song tags' field be useful (which would allow multiple tags)?
This would be useful in searching.
I'm not sure how song tags would be used in song selection.